Applications are invited for the above-mentioned position to be based in Potchefstroom.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE: Tier 1 Helpdesk Agents provide friendly and efficient first contact support to customers through trouble shooting and timely first call resolution. Support relates to customer internet connectivity issues (WAN and customer side), emails, routers, network related queries pertaining to various hardware (a wireless router or access point), and occasionally VOIP. The Agent provides support both in person and via various communication channels (including telephone, WhatsApp, Webchat, Distant-Desktop, Route-this and e-mail), using Herotel’s ticketing and tracking systems. Calls that can’t be resolved are escalated appropriately. The career path for Tier 1 Helpdesk Agents within Herotel includes Helpdesk (Tier 2 Agent and Helpdesk Team Leader), NOC (Network Operations Centre), or Field Operations.
Key Performance Areas would include, but are not limited to:
First contact and first call customer support:
· Offer first call resolution support to customers via telephone, WhatsApp, Webchat, DistantDesktop, Route-this and and e-mail.
· Assist walk-in clients where applicable.
· Screen incoming calls, redirecting them to the correct departments, and recording as well as
· passing on clear messages when required.
· Log requests through Herotel’s ticketing system, and update ticket status daily.
· Attempt to resolve the issue permanently on first call and on the same day, including following up and providing regular (minimum hourly, and no less than daily) feedback to customers.
· Regularly check Microsoft Teams and QContact for notices requiring callbacks.
Troubleshooting, problem solving and monitoring:
· Gather information through analytical trouble shooting or problem research to determine the nature of faults (including determining whether the fault is a is a customer side or WAN fault).
· Make use of troubleshooting tools such as tracert, ping, bandwidth test and RouteThis.
· Where the call can’t be resolved, escalate the call timeously to the correct person or team (either Tier 2 Agent or Team Leader/Team Captain or Technical, NOC or distribution teams).
· Identify trends with incoming calls, issues and support requests, and escalate them to the Team Captain or Team Leader immediately.
· Provides basic to advanced troubleshooting on customer-side faults, including password changes, usage reports, application login problems and VOIP).
· Identify network issues (e.g., uplink problems, such as a backhaul upstream service provider problem, a fibre PON failure, or a wireless tower failure) through gathering information and troubleshooting and escalate to NOC through ticketing system.
· Assist Field Technicians remotely with troubleshooting, configuration & service credentials.
· Provide support to Helpdesk Teams by assisting with ticket backlogs when required.
· Adhere to and contribute to internal technical documentation and knowledgebase.
· Reporting back regularly on ad hoc requests for data capturing relating to specific projects or assignments.
· Work in a team and collaborate to improve customer support.
· Research and remain up to date with current industry and technologies and share learnings with the team.
· Become familiar with department policies and SOPs.
· Learn to use company software programmes, tools.
· Attend and participate in team MOS (management operating systems) meetings.
The successful candidate must have the following experience/skills:
· All applicants to provide a detailed CV, motivational letter, copies of qualifications, copy of ID.
Preference will be given to Previously Disadvantaged Individual candidates, in line with Herotel’s Employment Equity Plan.